Visas & passports

Visas, passports & driving licences

If you wish to visit Copenhagen, you should inquire whether you will need a visa or not. If you do, make sure to file an application in due time.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013

If you are an EU citizen, you must either present a passport or an ID card valid for the duration of your stay in order to enter Denmark for tourist visits of up to three months.

Citizens of other countries must have a valid passport. Some non-EU citizens are required to produce a visa. Please contact your travel agent or the nearest Danish diplomatic post for further information.

In Denmark, your foreign driving licence is valid in up to 90 days. After this period, you'll have to apply for a Danish (temporary) driving lincence. Please note that the information on your licence must be written with latin letters.

Find more information at the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark.

Share this page