Rikke Johan, 26, lives in Østerbro.
What’s the best thing living in Copenhagen?
- That there’s always something going on and there’s always people around. There’s always something to do in Copenhagen. The atmosphere and the big open rooms help you relax no matter where you are in the city. You don’t get tired of living in Copenhagen because there’s always something new to do.
Try to describe a perfect day in Copenhagen
- A perfect day is to walk from Østerbro to inner city along the water and have a cup of coffee on your way. A perfect day is to go around in the city and relax, maybe have some lunch with your friends or boyfriend. Looking at shops and just enjoy Copenhagen. I love to walk along the canals and the water.
Where do you go if you want a cup of coffee?
- Baresso at Østerbrogade, Theodor’s at Østerbrogade and Café Zirup in inner city.
Where do you then go for a nice dinner?
- I love to try new things. At the moment, I like to go to some of the restaurants in the Meatpacking District. The other day, I was at Mother which was very good. Then I think that Café Sommersko is one of the coziest places where you can have both something to eat and you can have drinks. It is a place where you can go with your family and with your boyfriend.
What about shopping?
- I love to go to ILLUM and get inspired. I like Stig P, By Nord and Day. Then there are all the small shops at Østerbrogade.
Do you have a favourite place when the sun is shining?
- Actually, there are several places I like to go when the sun is shining. Amerikakaj in Østerbro and Fælledparken. Fælledparken, because it is green and there is relative peaceful compared to how many people there is. You can be many gathered together. Amerikakaj, because of the water and that you can sit and enjoy the sun and relax. Otherwise I must say the benches by the Lakes where you can enjoy a cup of coffee and experience Copenhagen. It is by the Lakes the whole city is gathered, I believe.
Do you have a hiding-place?
- The Citadel is a hiding-place for me because it is a small oasis in Copenhagen where you can blunder about. And down at Esplanaden where you can relax and read a book without being interrupted by too many people. Especially in the mid-morning.
Where is the funny corner in Copenhagen, you think?
- It has to be Christianshavn because of the mix of Copenhagen situated in one place. You’ve got Christiania, you’ve got all the funny characters and you’ve got the musicians and the artists. Then there are all the rich people and the Foreign Ministry is located there as well.
If you want to meet other people, where do you go?
- I like to go to bars in inner city where you can talk to your friends and the atmosphere is good. There, you often meet new and funny people. I often go to Wessels Kro in inner city with my friends. Barcelona Bar in Nørrebro is also a great place to meet new people. Café Zirup in inner city has nice drinks.